Types of Personal Information We Collect:
The types of Personal Information we collect depend on the product or service you receive from us. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, company name, phone number, physical and e-mail address
- Your credit card number or third-party payment information
- Browser information about your preferences and usage gathered by cookies
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested. "Cookies" are small text files placed on your device (computer or mobile device) when you visit a website or access certain software applications. Cookies then send information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that same cookie. These cookies allow us to recognize your device browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your device to prevent or limit your device's acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. Our partners may also transmit cookies to your device, for example, if you were to click on ads that may appear on the Services. We may also collect and provide this information to our partners and our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience.
Why we Collect Personal Information:
Nitto collects Personal Information to provide you with the Service, to perform marketing and research related activities, to supply other administrative services (e.g., setting up new accounts and maintaining your existing account), and to respond to inquiries about your account and the Service.
How we Collect Personal Information:
We collect Personal Information by voluntary submissions by You through your providing us with your e-mail, filling out an order/contact form, creating an account, and your general use of our Website. We also collect Personal Information regarding how you use the Service through cookies, as described more fully below.
How we Use Your Personal Information:
Nitto, as well as the Nitto entities with whom we share your personal data, use your personal data for the following purposes: (i) to provide you with our Services; (ii) operating, maintaining, customizing and improving the Website; (iii) providing you with information requested by you through this Website; (iv) for promotional offers regarding Nitto's products and services; (v) the sale of goods from the Website; (v) where you have otherwise given us your consent and permission to do so; and (vi) to comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation. Additionally, Nitto may disclose your personal data to other entities within the Nitto group or to third parties required to facilitate Nitto's maintenance, and your use, of the site. Otherwise, Nitto will not make your personal data available to third parties. Nitto may, however, disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or any request from law enforcement or intelligence agencies.
From any point after the time in which you initially provide us with a means of contacting you, we reserve the right to communicate with you, including via email blasts, drop campaigns, and auto-responders. If you do not want to receive communications from us, you may opt out or unsubscribe either from within the communication itself or from within your account settings on our Website. Please note that if you do not want to notices (including legal notices) from us, those legal notices will still been deemed as having been delivered to you and will still govern your use of the Services, and you are responsible ensuring you comply with the terms of such notices.
With Whom Your Information is Shared
With the exception of your email address (which we reserve the right to rent or sell to anyone), we neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to others. However, please note that we may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies or third parties as described in this Section:
Advertisers: We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners ("Advertisers") to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in Los Angeles to show you ads or offers for Los Angeles businesses, but we may not tell such businesses who you are.
We may deliver a file to you through the Services (known as a "web beacon") from an ad network. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymous, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
The Security of Your Information
How We Secure Your Information
We store the information we collect in cloud-based databases hosted third party sub-processor companies, whose identities are available upon request. Additionally, we use security measures and safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information collected, including physical, organizational, and technological protections, as required by applicable laws. Furthermore, personal information may only be accessed by persons within our organization and our service providers and partners who require such access to carry out the services for which we retain them or to those services to which you consent.
Additionally, if you make an account with us, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service (e.g. Facebook or Twitter sign-on), you may have additional or different sign-on protections associated with that third party site or service's security practices. You should prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
While we endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we obtain, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Do Not Email Lists
If you opt out from the Website, or unsubscribe from a Nitto offer, you will be added to our Do Not Email list, and we will suppress your email address from future mailings. This process usually completes within 72 hours but can take up to 10 days in rare situations. However, if you later register for a Nitto product again, your name will be removed from the Do Not Email list.
Please note that while Nitto will not freely distribute the information you submit, if you click to unsubscribe from mailings sent to the Nitto.com Opt-In Marketing List from a particular marketer, we are obligated to share your email address with that marketer for the purpose of being added to their Do Not Mail list. How that mailer manages your email address after that time is beyond Nitto.com control.
Nitto may use one or more of the following types of cookies:
i. Necessary cookies
Necessary cookies are required for the operation of the Website. These cookies are essential to make the Website work correctly. They include cookies that remember previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept necessary cookies, it may affect the performance of the Website or parts of it.
ii. Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Website and to remember the choices you made to enable Nitto to personalize its content to you. The information the functionality cookies collect may include personally identifiable information that you have disclosed. If you do not accept functionality cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the Website and may restrict access to its content.
iii. Analytical/Performance cookies
Analytical/performance cookies allow Nitto to recognize and count the number of visitors and help Nitto understand how visitors interact with the Website by providing information about, among others, the areas visited, the time spent on the Website and any issues encountered. This helps Nitto to improve the way the Website works. Performance cookies do not identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.
iv. Advertising/targeting cookies
Advertising/targeting cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Nitto will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on these sites more relevant to you and your interests. The advertising cookies may be used to deliver targeted advertising and to help Nitto measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Nitto may also share this information with third parties (including advertisers) for this purpose. Most advertising cookies track users via their IP address and may collect personal data.
Nitto uses the following cookies:
Type of cookie
For Load Balancer Persistence(http)
Website session ID control
At termination of
To count visits for Google Analytics & Pardot (Marketing Automation) &
[Third party cookie]
User Insight (Analytics tool) to measure the unique browser
[Third party cookie]
User Insight (Analytics tool) to measure the unique browser
[Third party cookie]
Google Analytics Cookies - Nitto also uses Google Analytics cookies to evaluate the use of our Website and the needs of its visitors.
If you want to learn more, please visit Google Analytics at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Also, if you would like to remove the Google Analytics and DoubleClick cookies, please go to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/, respectively. You should be aware that this will affect your Google cookies on all sites, and not just this one.
We will retain your Personal Information consistent with Nitto's then-current data retention policy(s) and only for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is legally advisable (for example, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations). Notwithstanding the above, Nitto shall not keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required by applicable law.
Further Rights for Persons or Information Covered By GDPR
If you are a covered individual under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") or the UK's Data Protection Act, you have legal rights in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Right to be informed. You have the right to request information about how we process your personal information.
- Right of access. You have the right to request that we confirm whether we process your personal information. You can also request to access your personal information.
- Right to rectification and erasure. If we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information, you can ask us to rectify or complete that Information. You can also ask us to erase your personal information. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing. You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information (or to suppress it) for a certain period of time. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right of data portability. You can ask us to move, copy or transfer your personal information back to you or to another person under certain circumstances. This right only applies: (a) to personal information you have provided to us as a Data Controller; (b) where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and (c) when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. You can ask us at any time to stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes. Where there are legitimate grounds to do so, you can also object to us Processing your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests and in certain other situations.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right to: (a) ensure that any significant decisions affecting you are not made purely by automated means based on an online profile or other information (i.e. a person is involved in the decision-making), and (b) that you can express your views and to challenge the decision.
Individuals covered by the GDPR who wish to exercise their rights should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written and dated request to:
Attention: GDPR Request
400 Frank W. Burr Blvd., 2nd Flr., Ste. 66
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Transferring Your Personal Information Outside the EEA (if GDPR applies)
The data that we collect from you is transferred to, and will be stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the Service.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
You may contact us at any time at email@example.com if you would like further information.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
Nitto has policies and procedures to facilitate the exercise of privacy rights available to California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and applicable law. California consumers have the right to request information regarding their personal information and certain additional details regarding our information practices. California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing a notarized power of attorney evidencing that you have empowered the authorized agent to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to the following:
- Sharing of information: Residents of California are entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this information, or to opt out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources of collection, the purpose for collecting information, the categories of information we share, and the categories of third parties with whom we share information. You may make a request for such information by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make this request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
- "Do Not Sell:" Pursuant to the CCPA, California consumers have the right to opt out of the "sale" of their personal information (as defined in CCPA). California consumers who wish to opt out of the "sale" of their personal information can email us at email@example.com or initiate your request now by clicking here. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
CCPA categories of Personal Information Collected.
Nitto collects the categories of personal information listed below.
- Identifiers, such as name, company name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Categories of personal information such as payment information
- Commercial information, such as Nitto products purchased and site engagement.
- Internet and other similar network activity limited to what is available in customer's Browser configuration and Nitto site navigation/pages visited.
- Inferences drawn from the above information to create consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences and behaviors.
CCPA Categories of Personal Information We Share.
Nitto shares the categories of personal information listed below.
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Categories of personal information on the financial survey the user may have submitted.
- Commercial information such as Nitto products purchased and site engagement.
Submitting your request
You may submit a verifiable request via the contact information listed in the "Contact Us" section below or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nitto will ask you to provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity as part of this process. This information may include your name, address, whether you have an account with Nitto, and other information deemed necessary by us to reasonably verify your identity. Once we have your submission, we will compare the information you provided to the information we have about you to verify your identity. If necessary, we may ask for additional information if we have difficulty confirming your identity. We will not share your information or honor other requests in those situations where we are unable to confirm that a request for your information is a "verifiable request." We will not be able process your request if we cannot verify your identity.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule
Nitto.com is intended for use only by persons who are at least 13 years of age or older. By using this site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we might have any information from or about your child who is under 13 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com to remove the information and unsubscribe the child from any promotional contact opportunities.
Attention: Marketing Department
400 Frank W. Burr Blvd., 2nd Flr., Ste. 66
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Updated: February 1, 2021